Using a staging URL
NOTE: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the control panel and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- Administrative access to the Rackspace Cloud
- Navigate to Hosting->Cloud Sites, from the list of domains click on the hyperlink of the domain and select General Settings tab
- Scroll down to the Viewing and Editing section and check the testing URL link, this identifies the technology, cluster and data center used for this website.
- All content and code uploaded to the site can now be accessed with the test or staging url
- The website can be made public when needed. Site owner must log into the website for the domain reistrar where they bought the domain--for example, Godaddy.com or Register,com, and set the DNS name servers for the domain dns1.stabletransit.com and dns2.stabletransit.com. Additionally you can use external name servers and modify DNS records as needed.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER