Log in to your server with RDP (Mac)
You can use a Remote Desktop (RDP) client to connect to your Windows cloud server from your Mac workstation. To get started, you need to download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop client for the Mac. A few versions of the RDP client are available, and this article provides instructions for the following versions:
- As of August 2014, a new version (8.0.9) is available through the Mac App Store. This version runs on OS X 10.7 or later.
- The Microsoft site provides an older version, 2.1.1, that runs on versions earlier than OS X 10.7.
After you install either client, follow the connection instructions to remotely connect to your Windows cloud server.
- Open the Mac App Store from the icon in your Applications folder.
- From the search field, enter Microsoft Remote Desktop and then select the Microsoft Remote Desktop application, as shown in the following screenshot.
- Install the Remote Desktop client.
- Download the client from the Microsoft website.
- Click + to expand the Details and Install Instructions sections, and follows the steps to install.
- Open the Applications folder inside Macintosh HD.
- Double-click the Remote Desktop Connection icon.
- In the connection window, type your Rackspace server's IP address and click Connect.
You are be prompted for your login credentials.
- If this is the first time that you are connecting to a new Windows cloud server, enter the user name administrator and the Root Admin Password that was provided in the Rackspace Cloud Office Control Panel when the server was created. Then, click OK to connect.
- If you are prompted by a notification that the name on the certificate is incorrect, click Connect to continue.
You are now logged directly in to your Windows cloud server.
Tip: As a next step, create a new user to log in with instead of administrator, and change the administrator password from the default provisioning password.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER