Rackspace Cloud Backup - Create a backup
Getting Started with Rackspace Cloud Backup - Part 2
To create a backup
- Log in to the Cloud control panel.
- In the top naviagation bar, select Backups > Systems.
- On the Cloud Backup Systems page, click the name of the server for which you want to create a backup.
Note: If you do not see your server listed on this page, you must install the backup agent on the server. If you have an account with the Managed Operations service level, check with your account manager to install the agent. If your account has a different service level, begin with the instructions in How to Install the Agent.
- On the Configure Backup page, configure the following items and then click Next Step.
- Enter a name for the backup.
- Under Schedule, specify a schedule for the backup and select how many prior backup versions to retention.
- Under Notifications, specify the email address for notifications and select whether you want notification of successful backups.
- Specify which items (subfolders) to back up in the Select Items to Backup area and then click Next Step.
Note: Cloud Backup is used for backing up your own files, not the full operating system. In the event you need to restore data, you will only need to restore your files not ALL of the Operating system files. If you need a backup of the operating system you can take an image of your server. For more information on restoring a server from an image, see Create an image of a server and restore a server from a saved image.
- Confirm the backup agent is set up correctly and then click Save.
On the next page in this guide, you will learn How to View Backup Information.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER