Prevent server overload with Cloud Load Balancers
One way that you can prevent a server from becoming overloaded is to use the Connection Throttling feature of Cloud Load Balancers. Connection throttling limits the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed from each IP address. This feature helps prevent malicious or abusive traffic to your server and its installed applications.
Before you begin
This procedure for configuring connection throttling assumes that you're working with an existing load balancer. If you don't have a load balancer yet, create one now by using the following instructions: Configuring a Load Balancer.
To configure connection throttling
- Log in to the Control Panel.
- At the top of the Control Panel, click Load Balancers
- Click onthe Actions cog next to your load balancer, and selectEdit Connection Throttling from the menu.
The following pop-up window appears:
- Enter a value for Max. Connections, and then clickSave Connection Throttling. You can specify a value between 1 and 100000.
- Enter a value for Max. Connections. You can specify a value between 1 and 100000.
- Click Save Connection Throttling.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER