NOTE: This article is written for our First-Generation Cloud Control Panel. A version of this article is also available for our Next-Generation Cloud Control Panel.
All container in Cloud Files have an attribute called TTL (Time to Live). The attribute and its value can be viewed / modified in the CDN and Metadata section of the Cloud Files user interface (shown below).
- The TTL is the time interval after which the CDN will reread the contents of the container.
- This time interval can be viewed / modified / stored as number of days using the up/down arrow in the CDN & Metadata pane.
- After modifying the number of days by using the up/down arrows user must press the "Apply TTL" button. The new value will take effect after the current TTL cycle is completed.
- The TTL option in the control panel can accept values between 1 hour and 50 years. Higher numbers should be used for static content which does not change often. If you require a longer TTL, see this blog post on using the API to set TTL as low as 15 minutes.
- Smaller numbers should be used if the content changes more often.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER