Setting Up Mobile Sync For Webmail (iPhone & iPad)
The following article below will get your email account setup with Mobile Sync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Mobile Sync will not only sync your email, but also your contacts and calendar events in real time. Let's take a look at the following steps below to get you going:
Note: Your iPhone must be a 3G or newer running iOS 4.0 or newer.
Note: Be sure your administrator has assigned you a Mobile Sync License before proceeding.
- On the main Home screen, tap the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- After tapping your Settings icon, you'll Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Add Account then Microsoft Exchange.
- The Exchange setup screen will open; you'll then enter the following information:
- Email - Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com), using all lowercase letters.
- Domain - Leave this field blank
- Username - Enter in your entire email address again.
- Password - Enter in the password for your email account.
- Description - Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
Note: the device will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an "Unable to Verify Certificate message," go ahead and Tap the Accept button.
- Next, tap the Server field, and enter mobilesync.emailsrvr.com in the Server address field. If confirmed, you'll check marks next to every field.
- Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select which information you would like to synchronize and then tap the Save button when finished.
Note: Your iPhone may take a moment to sync all your information depending on how much data you have.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER