Set up Mobile Sync for Webmail on iOS devices
This article provides instructions for setting up Mobile Sync for Rackspace Webmail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Mobile Sync synchronizes your email, contacts, and calendar events in real time.
This service works only if your administrator has assigned you a Mobile Sync license in the Cloud Office Control Panel. To set up email on an iOS device for a Rackspace Email account without a Mobile Sync license, visit our Help Tool.
Your device must be running iOS 4.0 or newer. If you have an iPhone, it must be an iPhone 3GS or newer.
Set up Mobile Sync
The screenshots in our examples are from an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0. If you have a newer device, the instructions and display might differ from the examples..
- On the Home screen of your device, tap the Settings icon.
- In Settings, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
- On the Exchange setup screen, enter the following information:
- Email: Enter your entire email address (for example, email@example.com), using all lowercase letters.
- Domain: Leave this field blank
- Username: Enter your entire email address again.
- Password: Enter the password for your email account.
- Description: Enter a descriptive name for your account (for example, My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
Note: The device will attempt to verify the account. You might receive an Unable to Verify Certificate message. If you do, tap the Accept button.
- Tap the Server field, and enter mobilesync.emailsrvr.com in the Server address field. If verification succeeds, check marks are displayed next to every field. If any field indicates a problem, double-check that setting's value.
- Slide the ON/OFF buttons to select which information to synchronize, and then tap Save.
Depending on how much data is on the server, your iPhone might take a few minutes to synchronize all of your information.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER