Set up Mobile Sync for webmail on iOS devices
This article details instructions for setting up Mobile Sync for Rackspace Webmail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Mobile Sync will sync your email, contacts, and calendar events in real time.
This service only works if your administrator has assigned you a Mobile Sync License in the control panel. For setup instructions without a Mobile Sync license, visit our Help Tool.
Your iPhone must be a 3G or newer running iOS 4.0 or newer.
- On the main Home screen, tap the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- In Settings, Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Add Account, then Microsoft Exchange.
- On the Exchange setup screen, enter the following information:
- Email - Enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com), using all lowercase letters.
- Domain - Leave this field blank
- Username - Enter in your entire email address again.
- Password - Enter in the password for your email account.
- Description - Enter a descriptive name for your account (for example, My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
Note: the device will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an Unable to Verify Certificate message. If you do, tap the Accept button.
- Next, tap the Server field, and enter mobilesync.emailsrvr.com in the Server address field. If verification succeeds, you'll see check marks next to every field. If any field indicates a problem, double-check that setting's value.
- Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select which information you would like to synchronize, then tap the Save button.
Note: Depending on how much data you have on the server, your iPhone may take a few minutes to sync all your information.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER