Manually Setting Up Outlook 2010 With Microsoft Exchange 2010
The following article will get your Microsoft Exchange 2010 Mailbox setup with your Outlook 2010 email client. Let's take a look at the instructions below:
1. First thing you'll want to do is click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, and then select the Mail icon.
Note: Windows 7 users must search for the mail icon in the control panel section.
Note: Depending on what version of Windows you're running, you may need to switch to Classic View to find the Mail icon or it may state 32-Bit.
2. Select the Show Profiles button, select the Add button and enter in a name for this profile and select the OK button.
3. Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then select the Next button.
4. Select the Microsoft Exchange option and click the Next button.
4. Simply enter in "outlook" in the Exchange server address field and then select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box. In the User Name box, enter in your entire email address and the select "More Settings."
5. Next, select the Connection tab, select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box and then Select the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
6. Next, enter in "connect.emailsrvr.com" in the Proxy Server address. Select both the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes and under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
7. Select Ok, Apply, Ok once more, and then select the Check Name box in the Connect window, enter in the Password and select the OK button.
Note: You may receive a pop-up asking you to select your mailbox from a list. Select your mailbox and click the OK button.
8. Your name will then be highlighted and a line will appear under the username field which indicates your profile has been configured. Select Next, finish, and open up Outlook.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER