Requesting Additional IPv4 Addresses for First and Next Generation Cloud Servers
Rackspace offers the ability to add IPv4 addresses to Cloud Servers in our first-generation and next-generation cloud environments for a fee. If you wish to obtain an additional IPv4 address for your server please open a ticket through the Support section of the Cloud Control Panel to get policy information and approval.
Due to the global shortage of IPv4 address space, Rackspace currently only offers additional IPv4 addresses for the following purposes:
- SSL on Cloud Servers
- NAT (Network Address Translation) on a Brocade Vyatta vRouter
The rates for additional IP addresses vary by region:
- $0.00274 / hr ($2/month) in the US regions and in Sydney
- £0.00274 /hr (£2/month) in the UK region
Requesting additional IP addresses
Once approved for an additional IP address you'll be asked to supply the following information:
For an additional IPv4 address on a Cloud server you will need to provide:
- The name of the server for which you would like to add the IP address.
- Permission to restart the network service so that Cloud Support can configure the IP address. Please indicate an acceptable maintenance window for us to perform the change, if necessary.
- The SSL certificate. The certificate must have been signed by a valid Certificate Authority; self-signed certificates are not accepted.
Brocade Vyatta vRouters
For an additional IPv4 address on a Brocade Vyatta vRouter you will need to:
- Confirm that you intend to use the Additional IPv4 address for the purpose of NAT .
- Provide permission to restart the network service so that Cloud Support can configure the IP address. Please indicate an acceptable maintenance window for us to perform the change, if necessary.
Please note that we cannot allocate more than 4 additional IPv4 addresses to a single Cloud Server or to a Brocade Vyatta vRouter. This gives each Cloud Server or the Brocade Vyatta vRouter a maximum capacity of five (5) IPv4 addresses including the originally assigned public IP address.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER