What is RackConnect?
Note: this article is a high level overview of RackConnect. For more technical information on RackConnect, see What are the Requirements for implementing RackConnect?.
RackConnect gives you the freedom to choose the best platform for your applications by unifying the breadth of the Rackspace portfolio into a single solution.
RackConnect is a unique solution designed for customers who require the flexibility and elasticity of the cloud, and the enhanced security and performance characteristics of traditional hosting – the best of both worlds. In essence, RackConnect enables customers to realize the power of hybrid hosting.
- Choose an F5® BIG-IP® Local Traffic Manager or a Cisco® ASA firewall to connect your traditional hosted infrastructure to the Rackspace Cloud.
- Scale on demand as Cloud Servers are automatically added to your F5 BIG-IP® Local Traffic Manager load balancer.
- Connect the Rackspace Cloud with your data center or existing IT infrastructure by using an encrypted VPN tunnel.
- Define network security policies in the customer portal, which are automatically applied and managed across your firewall, load balancer, and Cloud Servers.
- Add Cloud Block Storage for easy scalability.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER