What is Managed Colocation from Rackspace?
Managed Colocation from Rackspace® Hosting is all the things you want from traditional colocation, such as freedom and control, and none of the things you don't—like the hassles of infrastructure management. This means you no longer have to worry about:
- Physical data center (procurement of facility, maintenance, security, cooling and power redundancy)
- Network infrastructure (routing, switching)
- Hardware procurement
- Hardware setup (racking, cabling, routing, switching)
- Hardware maintenance and break/fix (failed hardware replacement, available spare inventory)
- Vendor relations
The Rackspace Difference When Rackspace takes care of these tasks, you can focus on higher value activities such as market differentiation and business innovation. Think of Managed Colocation as a Dedicated-Plus hosting solution. We set up a dedicated hardware environment, tailored to your company's needs, in one of our nine world class data centers around the globe. The "plus" part is that you also gain access to Rackspace® optional services such as Managed Backup, Managed Private Clouds and Managed Storage to name a few. We give you the necessary tools to remotely administer your environment, as well as have access to our 24x7x365 remote hands and eyes in the data center. No more having to rush into the data center with spare parts at 2am to replace failed hardware. No more having to send out a team of technicians to your colocation facility to get a 20-device configuration racked, cabled, imaged and ready to go. Dedicated Support Team With Rackspace Managed Colocation, you get a dedicated support team to assist you with your configuration 24x7x365.
- Your dedicated Account Manager (AM) is your main point of contact at Rackspace. The AM knows your configuration and works closely with the support team to address any issues should they arise.
- Your Deployment Team is there for initial deployments as well as configuration changes and space planning. The Deployment Team works closely with the datacenters to ensure that your configuration is racked and cabled to your specifications.
- The Network Engineering team configures your network devices, offers consultation for network changes and assists with troubleshooting tasks. They act as an extension of your in-house networking team.
- Our Support Specialists are available to assist with support issues and escalation. They are available 24x7x365 to address technical issues.
While traditional colocation allows you to maintain a high level of control, it can also present a significant level of inconvenience and responsibility. Rackspace Managed Colocation provides the OS control you need with the support and expertise you want.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER