What is a parked domain? How do I register one?
NOTE: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the control panel and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
If you want to purchase a domain but are not ready to use it for a website, you can "park" the domain. A parked domain is a domain that is registered but doesn't point to a website -- although you always have the option to point the domain to a website at a later date.
To register a parked domain with Cloud Sites:
- Log in to your Cloud Sites Control Panel at http://manage.rackspacecloud.com.
- In the control panel, click the "Hosting" link in the left navigation bar. Then select "Cloud Sites". Then select "Add a New Website".
- Under "Add a New Website," select the Site Owner from the pull-down menu and enter the Domain Name in the next box.
- Select the term length for the purchase of the domain.
- Under "Other Options" select the "Domain Registration Only (park domain)" option and click "Next."
You should then receive confirmation that Cloud Sites has added your website to your account.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER