What is a parked domain? How do I register one?
NOTE: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the control panel and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
If you want to purchase a domain but are not ready to use it for a website, you can "park" the domain. A parked domain is a domain that is registered but doesn't point to a website -- although you always have the option to point the domain to a website at a later date.
To register a parked domain with Cloud Sites:
- Log in to your Cloud Sites Control Panel at http://manage.rackspacecloud.com.
- In the control panel, click the "Hosting" link in the left navigation bar. Then select "Cloud Sites". Then select "Add a New Website".
- Under "Add a New Website," select the Site Owner from the pull-down menu and enter the Domain Name in the next box.
- Select the term length for the purchase of the domain.
- Under "Other Options" select the "Domain Registration Only (park domain)" option and click "Next."
You should then receive confirmation that Cloud Sites has added your website to your account.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER