What Features were introduced in RackConnect v2.0?
APPLIES TO: RackConnect v2.0
The 2.0 version of RackConnect added new automation and security features, including:
Support for next generation Cloud Servers: Rackspace Cloud Servers powered by OpenStack.
RackConnect API: that provides a way for you to programmatically access certain read-only information about your Cloud Servers and their RackConnect configuration from within your Cloud Servers.
Improved RackConnect automation responsiveness to Cloud Server events: this means that RackConnect picks up changes in your Cloud environment much faster.
A RackConnect Management Interface in the MyRackspace® Portal, where you can:
- Set RackConnect Network Policies
- Manage Cloud Servers
- View Configuration Details
- View Automation Tasks and Event Logs
Network Security Policies:
- Set it once, applied automatically
- Manages dedicated firewall, load balancer, and Cloud Server software firewalls
Managed software firewalls for Cloud Servers:
- IPTables for Linux
- Advanced Firewall for Windows
- Optional: Provision Public IP Addresses - Cloud Servers are automatically provisioned with a Public IP address from your Dedicated Network’s Public IP Block(s)
- Optional: Configure network stack - Cloud Servers are automatically configured with network connectivity to your Dedicated environment
- Optional: Manage software firewall - Cloud Servers can be automatically load balanced based on server name matching or metadata
IMPORTANT NOTE: RackConnect adds a service-level user account called “rackconnect” to each Cloud Server in a RackConnect solution. This enables RackConnect to automate network connectivity and software firewalls on Cloud Servers as part of the RackConnect solution. This account is only for use by the automated system, not by actual Rackers (support techs). It should not be deleted under any circumstances.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER