Troubleshooting the Cloud Monitoring Agent
This article describes an issue related to the Cloud Monitoring Agent and provides actions that you can perform to resolve the issue.
Issue: The Cloud Monitoring Agent is not connected to my server
This issue might have one of the following causes:
- The Cloud Monitoring agent is not installed on your server. To install the agent, log in to your cloud server as root and install the agent. For installation instructions, see Install and configure the Cloud Monitoring Agent.
- The agent is installed but is not connected to your server. For the agent to work correctly, it must be associated with your server by using a Cloud Monitoring entity. The entity is a representation of your server in the monitoring system.
Verify that the agent is installed and associated with your server by performing the following steps:
- Verify that thethe Rackspace monitoring agent is installed under /etc/rackspace-monitoring-agent.cfg file is installed on your server.
- Open the rackspace-monitoring-agent.cfg file and verify that the file contains a valid agent token.
- Check for errors and status information in the /var/log/rackspace-monitoring-agent.log file.
- Verify that port 443 is open (added as a public firewall rule).
- Run the following command to verify that the agent is running:
$ ps aux | grep rackspace-monitoring-agent
- Verify that the Rackspace monitoring agent is installed under C:\Program Files\Rackspace Monitoring\rackspace-monitoring-agent.exe.
If you use a 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows computer, the monitoring agent is installed under C:\Program Files\Rackspace Monitoring\rackspace-monitoring-agent.exe.
- Verify that the C:\ProgramData\Rackspace Monitoring\config\rackpsace-monitoring-agent.cfg file exists and contains a valid agent token.
- Check for errors and status information in the C:\ProgramData\Rackspace Monitoring\log.txt.
- In the Windows Control Panel, open the settings for Windows Firewall and verify that port 443 is open (added as an inbound firewall rule).
- Verify that the monitoring agent is running by opening the Task Manager, clicking the Services tab and locating the Rackspace Cloud Monitoring agent service.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER