Shutting Down and Restarting a Cloud Server
- SSH client to login into the Cloud Server
- Sudo account login to the Cloud Server
- Administrative access to the Cloud Control Panel
Shut down server
- Log in as a sudo-enabled user via SSH and enter the following command:
# sudo shutdown -h now
- This will shut down the server
NOTE: Shutting down a server will NOT stop billing, since the virtual hard drives are persistent, server resources are always in use whether the servers is powered on or not.
- Log in to your Rackspace account.
- On the Servers tab, click the action cog next to your server to be rebooted.
- Select Reboot Server.
- Server will reboot and user will have normal access again
- Open source ssh client putty can be downloaded here
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER