Setting Up Rackspace Automated Deployments
Create a Deplyoment
To create a deployment, you'll need to use the Cloud Control Panel.
- Once logged in, click Deployments. This will show you a list of all current deployments.
- Click Create Deployment
- You can also select Create Deployment from the Cloud Servers page where you would create a new server.
Step 1 of 2:
- Enter a name for your deployment. You can call it whatever you want. We recommend using something that is meaningful to you.Select the region for your deployment from the region drop down. The region is the datacenter location where you want your resources to be located.
- Select a blueprint and version to launch. If you're unsure what a specific blueprint is, hover over the question mark for more detailed information about the blueprint.
- The blueprint versions allow you to choose from different types of blueprints ranging from single to multiple server, as well as choosing different types of database options.
Once you've selected your blueprint, you may have application configuration options that show at the bottom of the screen. Fill values with your desired information. Use the question marks for help understanding any fields that may seem confusing.
- Click Next Step
Step 2 of 2:
- Once you're satisfied with your selection, you can choose to click 'Simulate Deployment' to get a pricing quote. There is no charge for using the Deployments feature in the portal. Charges will only be for the resources that are spun up.
- If you are happy with your deployment at this point, click Create Deployment
This page will show you the status and progress of your build. All cloud resources will be shown in the 'Infrastructure' section.
- Once the deployment goes to 'Up' status, the build has completed. At that time, you'll be able to click 'View Generated Passwords' to gather any sensitive information such as keys or passwords generated with the deployment.
- Once you view the passwords and dismiss them, they will no longer be available in the portal, so please document these passwords accordingly.
- At the bottom of the of the Deployment Details page, additional information about the application or framework you've chosen to be installed can be found. These can be used to help build in additional capabilities into your installed application.
- Once a deployment has completed, you can start using your newly installed application or framework!
- You are now free to manage your deployment and the individual resources in their respective locations in the control panel.
Delete a Deplyoment
- To delete a deployment, you'll need to use the Cloud Control Panel
- Once logged in, click 'Deployments'. This will show you a list of all current deployments.
- Click on the gear icon to the left of the deployment you'd like to delete and click Delete Deployment
Note that you can view all servers, load balancers and databases, which are part of your deployment, in the respective sections of the control panel. Note that if you choose to delete a component (server, LB, DB, etc), that is part of a deployment, that deployment is likely to become unstable. Please exercise caution when deleting components. Note that when you decide to delete an entire deployment, it is recommended to do the deployment deletion from the Deployments section of the control panel instead of deleting each component individually.
Scaling a Deplyoment Up or Down
- This is currently in development.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER