Ready to setup your Microsoft Exchange 2007 mailbox with Outlook 2010? If so, let's take a look at the following steps below to get you going:
- First thing you'll want to do is log into your User Control Panel (cp.rackspace.com/usercp) and select the Outlook 2007 icon/link. This link will provide a pop up window with information needed to setup your account.
- Next, Click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, and then select the Mail icon.
Note: In some cases, you may need to switch to Classic View to find the Mail icon or it may state 32-Bit.
- Select the Show Profiles button, click the Add button and enter in a name for this profile and select the OK button.
- Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, click the Next button.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange option and click the Next button.
- Enter in the Microsoft Exchange server address from the Outlook 2007 Setup guide in the, select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box and in the User Name box, enter in your entire email address.
- Select the More Settings button, select the Connection tab and select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box. Select the Exchange Proxy Settings button, enter in the Proxy Server address from the Outlook 2007 setup guide.
- Select both the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes and under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
- Click Ok, Apply, Ok again, then select the Check Name box in the Connect window, enter in the Password and select the OK button.
Note: You may receive a pop-up asking you to select your mailbox from a list. Select your mailbox and click the OK button.
- Your name will then be highlighted and a line will appear under the username field which indicates your profile has been configured. Select Next, finish, and open up Outlook. You're finished!
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER