Set up email forwarding on Cloud Sites
Note: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking the Cloud Control Panel menu at the top of the window and selecting Cloud Sites from the menu.
Note: Email is no longer offered as a feature for Cloud Sites. This article exists to support customers with legacy email accounts.
Email forwarding enables you to automatically send all of the emails received at a configured email account to one or more email addresses.
You may set up a total of 15 email forwards. Of the 15 forwarding addresses, a maximum of 4 of them can be on an external domain (a domain other than that on which the email is configured). These entries must be separated by commas.
To set up an email forward for one of your email accounts
- Log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- In the left navigation pane, click Hosting > Cloud Sites.
- Select the Cloud Site domain name that contains the email account to which you want to add the email forwards.
- Click the Email accounts tab.
- Select the email account from the list.
- At the bottom of the page, enter the email address you want to forward to in the Forwarding Address field (multiple entries must be separated by commas).
- Click Save.
It might take up to 15 minutes for the changes to the mail account to become effective.
Note: When the email forward has taken effect, email will no longer arrive at this mailbox. It will be immediately sent to the forward addresses.
To have the mail server retain a copy of the message
- Log in to webmail (http://webmail.emailsrvr.com) for the email address that has the forwarding addresses applied to it.
- Click the Settings link in the top-right corner.
- On the left menu, click the Incoming Email link.
- Under the Forwarding tab, check the Save a copy of forwarded email check box.
- Click Save.
Again, allow up to 15 minutes for these changes to take effect.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER