Set global access rights with the Cloud Office control panel
You can control how users access services and check their email, such as requiring SSL or disabling POP or IMAP.
To adjust access rights for an entire domain:
- Log in to the Cloud Office control panel.
- From the Go to section menu, select Rackspace Email.
- In the Email Accounts section, click Settings.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name.
Note: To change domains, click Change domain.
- Click Global Access Rights.
- Select the check box for each service that you want to grant access to, or clear the check box for each service that you want to restrict or disable access to. Each service is a different way of accessing email that is stored on the email server.
Note: SSL and TLS indicate that the services incorporate security technology to protect the user’s data
- POP3 and POP3 (SSL)
Email is downloaded to the user’s computer and is then deleted from the email server. This option is best for users who consistently use the same computer.
- IMAP and IMAP (SSL)
Email is stored on the email server only. The user manages email directly from the server, rather than downloading the email to a computer. This option is best for users who need to manage email and email folders from multiple locations—such as at the office, on the road, and from a mobile device. Users also benefit from having their email automatically backed up every evening; if a user accidentally deletes email, it can be easily retrieved—even up to 14 days later.
- Webmail and Webmail (SSL)
Webmail provides anytime, anywhere access to email stored on the email server. With Webmail, a user can read, send, and manage email—just like using desktop email software. This option is best for users who need to access and manage email (and email folders) from multiple locations—such as at the office, on the road, or from a mobile device.
- SMTP and SMTP (SSL)
The SMTP service allows the user to send email. If you disable SMTP, the user wicannot send email using the SMTP server. (SMTP is an always-secure service.)
Select the option you want to apply to your setup.
- Click Save.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER