This article will demonstrate how to use the Rackspace Migration App provided in the Email & Apps Control Panel to migrate email data from your previous hosting provider into Rackspace Email. Let's take a look at how to perform this procedure:
- The first action you'll perform is to log in into your control panel and scroll down to Domains and select More.
- Next we'll select Migrations from inside the Tools box. On the next page, select Create New Migrations.
- On the next screen enter a migration name of your choice, a valid Migration Contact, select your previous Email Service, select the Mail check box and then select Next Step.
- In the next step enter the server address of your previous provider along with the port number and whether to use Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
Note: If you do not know your previous hosting providers please consult with your admin or your previous hosting provider's technicians.
- In this step you'll create a .csv file with all the users you're planning on migrating by following the template shown in the example below . Once you're finished upload the file and select Next Step.
Note: Any errors that occur while uploading your .csv file will be shown on this screen.
- If you've uploaded your .csv file correctly without any errors you'll receive a Verification Complete notification and you may proceed by selecting Next Step.
- In the last and final step you'll get a detailed summary of your migration. You may also schedule your migration with a specific time and date at the bottom; once complete select Schedule Migration.
Note: Rackspace recommends scheduling your migration during slow business hours or during the weekend.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER