Rackspace Cloud Backup - Overview
Getting Started with Rackspace Cloud Backup - Overview
**NOTE: Cloud Backup only works on Rackspace Cloud Servers
Rackspace Cloud Backup is a file-based backup application that lets you choose which files and folders to backup from your Cloud Server. You can choose to restore your whole system with all of its folders and files, or individual files or folders from a given date, or restore to an entirely different Server. Key features of Cloud Backup include:
- Select the files and folders from your Cloud Server you want to back up
- Run your backups manually or on a schedule that works for you
- See the activity from all your backups, both current and previous
- Use AES-256 encryption with a private encryption key known only to you
- Restore individual files and folders from a particular date
- Save space with incremental backups that only save the changed portions of files
- Create unlimited Backups
Cloud Backup does not take snapshots of your server. To read more about how Cloud Backup differs from snapshots, please see Rackspace Cloud Backup vs. Cloud Server Image Backups or, Best Practices for Backing Up Your Data: Cloud Block Storage versus Cloud Backup for backup consideration on your General Purpose server.
In this Getting Started Guide we'll show you:
- How to Install the Cloud Backup Agent on Linux Servers
- How to Install the Cloud Backup Agent on Windows Servers
- How to Create A Backup
- How to View Backup Information
- How to Use the Backup Actions Menu
- How to Use the System Actions Menu
- How to Manage your Notification Preferences
Where to Next?
If you have a Managed Cloud Service Level, you may already have the agent installed on your server. You will know you have the agent when you see your Cloud Server(s) listed under Systems in the Rackspace Cloud Backup control panel. If not, we can install it for you. Check with your account manager and jump ahead to Create A Backup.
Other users should begin with the next page, How to Install the Cloud Backup Agent.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER