Mobile Setup: Setup Microsoft Exchange 2007 E-Mail on iPhone, iPad, & iPod.
The following article below will get your Microsoft Exchange email account setup on your iPhone using the Activesync technology. Let's take a look at the steps below to get you going:
Note: Your device must be a 3G, 3Gs, and with a 4.0+ iOS.
1. After your administrator has purchased an Activesync license and assigned it to your email address, you'll want to log into your User Control Panel at the following URL: https://admin.emailsrvr.com/usercp
2. Once you're logged in, scroll down to the Client Setup section and click on the ActiveSync link. This will open the Setting Up ActiveSync window which will contain the information needed to set up your device.
3. Once you have your Setting Up ActiveSync window open, tap the Settings icon on the iPhone.
4. After tapping your Settings icon, you'll tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Add Account then Microsoft Exchange.
5. The Exchange setup screen will open; you'll then enter the following information:
Email - Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), using all lowercase letters.
Domain - Enter the Domain address exactly as it is from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
Username - Enter the User name exactly as it is from the Setting Up ActiveSync window. The User name is different from the email address.
Password - Enter in the password for your email account.
Description - Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
6. Tap the Next button and the device will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an "Unable to Verify Certificate message," go ahead and Tap the Accept button.
7. The device will than continue verifying the account. Once complete, tap the Server field, and enter the Server address exactly as it is from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
8. Tap the Next button and the device will then try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. If it asks for a confirmation, go ahead and tap Yes to continue.
9. Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select which information to synchronize with the Exchange server and then tap the Done button when finished.
Note: Your iPhone may take a moment to sync all your information depending on how much you have on the Exchange server. To learn more about the mail settings on your device tap Settings from the home screen, than Mail, Contacts, & Calendars and than select your account. You'll be able to customize how much data you would like to sync from the server.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER