Mobile Setup: Setting Up Your Android With Microsoft Exchange 2010
Setting Up Your Android With Microsoft Exchange 2010
The following article below will get your Microsoft Exchange email account setup on your Android using the Activesync technology. To learn more about the Activesync please see the following article here; otherwise, let's take a look at the following steps below to get you going:
1. After your administrator has purchased an Activesync license and assigned it to your email address, the first thing you'll want to do is from your Home screen on your device select the Email icon.
2. On the next screen enter in your full email address and password and then select Next. On the following options screen select Exchange.
3. Next, in the Domain\Username field enter in your entire email address with a \ (backslash) at the beginning of your email address like in the example below. Be sure that the "Use Secure Connection (SSL)" is check and select Next at the bottom.
Note: Depending on what OS of Android you're running, if you have just the "Domain" as an option, you may leave this field blank.
4. Your device will then start "Checking Incoming Server Settings" and on the next screen select OK to "Allow it to remoetely control some security features of your phone."
5. On the following "Accounts Options" screen select all that apply to you. On the next screen you'll give your account a descriptive name of your choice and select Done.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER