Manually Setting Up Outlook 2011 With Microsoft Exchange 2010
The following article will get your Microsoft Exchange 2010 Mailbox setup with your Outlook 2011 email client:
1. Open Outlook and from the Outlook drop-down menu, select Preferences. In the Outlook Preferences menu, select Accounts.
2. On the Accounts screen, select Exchange Account.
3. Enter in the following information:
- Email address - enter in your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Method - select User Name and Password
- Username - enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password - enter the password associated with you remail address
- Server - Enter "connect.emailsrvr.com" minus the parenthesis.
4. Click Add Account, and confirm that Amber dot next to the account name turns from an amber color to a solid green (this may take a moment). Close all windows and you're done!
Note: The amber dot may take a minute or two to change from amber to green; If it doesn't, check the accounts settings and password and make sure you're using the correct EWS server address. Note: If you already have email on the server, your email will slowly begin to populate your inbox. This can take some time dependning on how much data you have.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER