Manually configure Outlook 2011 for email hosted on Exchange 2010
The following article will get your Microsoft Exchange 2010 Mailbox setup with your Microsoft Outlook 2011 email client:
1. Open Outlook and from the Outlook drop-down menu, select Preferences. In the Outlook Preferences menu, select Accounts.
2. On the Accounts screen, select Exchange Account.
3. Enter in the following information:
- Email address - enter in your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Method - select User Name and Password
- Username - enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Password - enter the password associated with you remail address
- Server - Enter "connect.emailsrvr.com" minus the parenthesis.
4. Click Add Account, and confirm that Amber dot next to the account name turns from an amber color to a solid green (this may take a moment). Close all windows and you're done!
Note: The amber dot may take a minute or two to change from amber to green; If it doesn't, check the accounts settings and password and make sure you're using the correct EWS server address. Note: If you already have email on the server, your email will slowly begin to populate your inbox. This can take some time dependning on how much data you have.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER