Manually Configure Exchange 2013 on Outlook 2010
Use the following steps to set up your Microsoft Exchange 2013 mailbox with your Outlook 2010 email client.
1. Click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, and then click Mail (32-bit).
Note: Depending on the version of Windows you're running, you may need to switch to Classic view to find the Mail entry or it might be labeled 32-Bit.
2. Click Show Profiles, click Add, enter a name for this profile, and then select OK.
3. On the Auto Account Setup page of the Add New Account wizard, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
4. On the Choose Service page, select Microsoft Exchange or compatible service, and then click Next.
5. On the Server Settings page, perform the following actions:
A. In the Server text box, type outlook.
B. Select the the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
C. In the User Name text box, enter your entire email address.
D. Click More Settings.
6. In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Connection tab and select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box. Then, click Exchange Proxy Settings.
7. In the Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings dialog box, perform the following actions:
A. In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange text box, enter mex06.emailsrvr.com.
B. Select both the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes.
C. Under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
D. Click OK.
8. In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click Apply and then click OK.
9. On the Server Settings page, click Check Name, type your password, and then click OK.
Note: If you receive a pop-up message asking you to select your mailbox from a list, select your mailbox and click OK.
Your name will then be highlighted and a line will appear under the User Name field which indicates your profile has been configured.
Note: The server name resolves to a unique string that is different with every mailbox. Do not attempt to replicate this information with other accounts.
10. Click Next, and on the next page, click Finish.
11. Open Outlook to select your new Exchange profile.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER