Manually configure Entourage for email hosted on Exchange 2010
The following article will help you setup your Microsoft Exchange 2010 email account with Microsoft Entourage. Let's take a look at the steps below to get you going:
Note: Microsoft Exchange 2010 requires Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition for full Exchange functionality. Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition is a free add-on to Entourage 2008 provided by Microsoft. You can find more information at the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10419
1. Open up Entourage and select Tools, Accounts, New and then Exchange.
Note: If the setup assistant window appears select Configure Account Manually and select New and then Exchange.
2. In the pop up window, enter in the following information into the fields below:
- Account Name - Enter a descriptive name of your choice for your account (e.g., Work Account).
- Name - This is the name that will be displayed when you send an email message.
- E-mail address - Enter in your entire email address using all lowercase letters (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Account ID - Enter in your full email address.
- Domain - leave this field blank.
- Password - Enter in the password associated with the email address you're setting up.
3. Next, you'll click the Advanced tab and in the Exchange Server box, enter in connect.emailsrvr.com and then select OK. Your account will then connect and mail data will begin to populate into your inbox.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER