Manually configure Entourage (EWS) for email hosted on Exchange 2007
Entourage 2008 users who prefer the EWS version (Exchange Web Services Edition) will be glad to know Rackspace has the setup guide for you to get you up and running. Let's take a look at the following steps below to get you going: Note: If you're unsure about what type of version of Entourage you have, go to Entourage located at the top and select About Entourage and it should state "Web Services Edition."
- First thing you'll want to do is log into your User Control Panel (cp.rackspace.com/usercp) and select the Enourage 2008 icon/link. This link will provide a pop up window with information needed to setup your account.
- Next, you'll open up Entourage and at the very top select Tools and then Accounts. You'll then select New and then Exchange. If the setup assistant window appears select Configure Account Manually and select New and then Exchnage.
- Enter the following information into the fields below:
- Account Name - Enter a descriptive name of your choice for your account (e.g. Work Account).
- Name - This is the name that will be displayed when you send an email message.
- E-mail address - Enter in your entire email address using all lowercase letters (e.g. email@example.com).
- Account ID - Enter in the User Name from the Setting Up Entourage 2008 window exactly as it appears.
- Domain - Enter in the Domain Name from the Setting Up Entourage 2008 window.
- Password - Enter in the password associated with the email address you're setting up.
- Next, you'll click the Advanced tab and in the Exchange Server box, enter in the EWS Server address from the Setting Up Entourage 2008 window.
- Check the This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL) box then click the OK button and you're finished!
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER