Manually configure Android devices for email hosted on Exchange 2010
This article describes how to set up your new Android phone with your Exchange 2010 email account.
Note: The administrator of your account must add ActiveSync to your email through their Administrative Control Panel.
- Tap the Settings icon, and then tap Accounts and Sync.
- Tap the Add icon, and then tap Exchange ActiveSync.
- Enter your email address and password, and then tap Manual setup.
- On the next page, enter the rest of the necessary information and then tap Next:
- Email address: Enter your email address (for example,firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Server address: Enter connect.emailsrvr.com.
- Domain: Leave this field blank.
- Username: Enter your email address again.
Some devices might have the settings as domain\username. On those devices, the field should have a backslash (\) before your email address (for example, \email@example.com).
- Password: Enter your password.
- Select This server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
- If you are prompted to enable remote security administration, tap Ok or Allow.
This allows you to remotely perform a factory reset (delete all data) on the device from Outlook Web App if the phone is lost or stolen and there is sensitive company information on the device.
- Select the services that you want to synchronize with the Exchange server and when to synchronize. Then, tap Next.
- Enter a descriptive name for your account and then tap Finish setup.
Your Android phone and Microsoft Exchange account are now synchronized.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER