Manual Setup: Setting Up Microsoft Exchange 2007 With Outlook 2011
Set Up Microsoft Exchange 2007 With Outlook 2011
1. Login to your User Control Panel (https://admin.emailsrvr.com/usercp) and under the Client Setup section, select Outlook 2011. This link will provide a pop up window with information needed to set up your account.
2. Open Outlook and from the Outlook drop-down menu, select Preferences. In the Outlook Preferences menu, select Accounts.
3. On the Accounts screen, select Exchange Account.
4. Enter in the following information:
• Email address - enter in your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com).
• Method - select User Name and Password.
• Username - enter your entire email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Password - enter the password associated with you remail address.
• Server - Enter the Exchange Web Server (EWS) address from your Outlook 2011 Setup Guide.
5. Select Add Account, and confirm that the amber colored dot next to the account name turns from an amber color to a solid green (this may take a moment). Close all windows and you're done!
Note: The amber dot may take a minute or two to change from amber to green; if it doesn't, check the accounts settings and password and make sure you're using the correct EWS server address.
If you already have email on the server, your email will slowly begin to populate your inbox. This can take some time depending on how much data you have.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER