Setting Up Hosted Email With Outlook 2011
Note: The following guide will setup Outlook using IMAP. Please select the POP option if you wish to use POP functionality.
1. First thing you'll want to do is open up Outlook 2011 and from the Outlook drop-down menu, select Preferences.
2. On the Preferences menu, you'll select Accounts and on the accounts screen, select E-Mail Account.
3. Enter your email address & password and the box will then expand. You'll enter the following information below:
• Username - Enter your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com)
• Type - Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
• Incoming server: secure.emailsrvr.com Port: 993 Check the "Override default port" & "Use SSL to connect" boxes.
• Outgoing server: secure.emailsrvr.com Port: 465 Check the "Override default port" & "Use SSL to connect" boxes.
Note: If you already have an account(s) configured, select the plus symbol in the lower left hand corner, then select Email Account.
4. Click Add Account and the click "More Options" under outgoing server.
5. In the pop up window, select the authentication drop down and choose "Use Incoming Server Info" then select OK to confirm the changes. Close all your windows & you're done!
Note: If you already have email on the server, your email will slowly begin to populate your inbox. This can take some time depending on how much data you have.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License