The following article below will demonstrate how to set up your email account with Outlook 2010. The steps below to get you started:
Note: The following guide will set up Outlook using IMAP. Please select the POP option if you wish to use POP functionality.
1. Open up Outlook, select Tools, Account Settings on the Email tab, and then click New.
2. If prompted, be sure that Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP is checked, and click Next. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
3. Be sure that Internet E-mail is selected, and click Next. Enter the following information in the fields provided:
• Your Name - This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
• E-mail Address - Enter your entire email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Account Type - Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
• Incoming mail server - Enter the following: secure.emailsrvr.com
• Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Enter the following: secure.emailsrvr.com
• User Name - Enter your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com).
• Password - Enter the password for the account you're setting up.
4. Click More Settings, then click the Outgoing Server tab and select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Leave the default setting Use same settings as my incoming mail.
5. Click the Advanced tab. In both of the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down menus, select SSL. For the Incoming Server port enter 993. In the Outgoing Server port enter in 465.
6. Click OK, click Next, click Finish, and then click Close.
Mapping your IMAP folders
Folders should sync automatically with an IMAP account; however, if for any reason they do not, perform the following steps:
1. Select your Inbox or top level folder of your email account and select IMAP Folders and then Query.
2. Select any folder you would like to be subscribed to by right-clicking and selecting Subcribe. Repeat these steps for all folders you would like to be subscribed to.
3. To Unsubscribe to any folders, repeat the following steps and select Unsubscibe instead.
Note: If you've created any new folders through webmail and they aren't displaying, right-click on your Inbox or top level folder of your email account and select Update Folder List.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License