Setting Up Hosted Email With Outlook 2007
Note: The following guide will setup Outlook using IMAP. Please select the POP option if you wish to use POP functionality
1. Open Outlook, select Tools, Account Settings on the Email tab, and then click the New button.
2. If prompted, be sure that the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP box is checked, and click the Next button. Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box and click the Next button.
3. Be sure that the Internet E-mail radio button is selected, and click the Next button and enter in the following information in the fields provided:
• Your Name - This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
• E-mail Address - Enter in your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com).
• Account Type - Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
• Incoming mail server - Enter the following: secure.emailsrvr.com
• Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Enter in the following: secure.emailsrvr.com
• User Name - Enter in your entire email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Password - Enter in the password for the account you're setting up.
4. Click the More Settings button, then click the Outgoing Server tab and select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Leave the default setting "Use same settings as my incoming mail."
5. Click the Advanced tab, In both of the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down menus, select SSL. For the Incoming Server port enter in (993) and in the Outgoing Server port enter in (465).
6. Click the OK button, click the Next button, click the Finish button and then click the Close button. That's it; you're all done!
Folders should sync automatically with an IMAP account; however, if you have added folders in Webmail and they are not showing in Outlook, perform the following steps:
1. Select Tools, IMAP Folders and the click the Query button.
2. Select the newly added folder(s), and click the Subscribe button and then click the OK button.
3. Restart Outlook to update the folder list.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License