You can perform the following user management operations for Cloud Databases:
- Create users
- Delete users
- View the databases a user is assigned to
These user management functions are readily available from the Actions cog, Action Menu, and Users section on the Instance details page.
Here are some quick facts you'll need to know when creating new users:
- All users have full privileges on the databases they're assigned to.
- User names cannot contain more than 16 characters.
- There is no restriction on the number of characters in a user's password.
- Users cannot be modified using the Cloud Control Panel. If you need to modify a user, first delete and then recreate the user with the information.
Valid Characters for User Names and Passwords
The following characters are valid for user names and passwords:
- Letters (upper and lower cases allowed)
- Numbers '@', '?', '#', and spaces are allowed, but not at the beginning and end of the database name, user name, and password
- "_" is allowed anywhere in the database name, user name, and password
Limitations on User Names and Passwords
The following characters are not allowed when creating user names or passwords:
- Single quotes
- Double quotes
- Back quotes
- Forward slashes
- Spaces at the front or end of the user name or password
Learn More About Cloud Databases
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER