Lync Outlook Web App Guide
When Lync is activated for a user in the Rackspace User Control Panel, it automatically turns the Lync functionality on in Rackspace Hosted Exchange 2013. This article describes how to work with Lync in the Outlook Web App.
Signing in to Lync
When you log in to Outlook Web App, you are automatically signed in to Lync.
Lync is shown as a square button in the top-right corner of the Outlook Web App window. The button is green when you are signed in to the Lync server, and it is gray when you are not signed in. When you first log in to Outlook Web App, the button might appear gray until you are signed in to the Lync server.
Changing your availability
Click on the Lync button (the green square button) to open a menu of availability options. You can choose your availability from the menu, and you can choose to sign out of Lync. If you sign out of Lync, you will stop getting instant messages (IMs) within Outlook Web App.
Sending an IM from Outlook Web App
You can send an IM from Outlook Web App to anyone in your organization who is also logged in.
- Click the People tab in the top right corner of the Outlook Web App window.
- From your Contacts list, select the person with whom you want to instant message. The contact information appears in the right pane.
- Click the Send Instant Message icon (highlighted in the following example).
- When done chatting, simply close the window to end the IM session.
Replying to an email with an IM
If the person who sends you an email is logged in to Lync, you can reply to the email via IM.
- In the email window, click the More Options (...) button.
Select reply by IM or reply all by IM. A Lync IM window opens.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER