Locking Down IP Addresses in MigrationWiz
When performing an email migration, some customers might need to restrict access to a defined set of IP addresses, typically for security reasons. This article provides the range of IP addresses from which our MigrationWiz tool can connect, and instructions on locking down your migration to only these specific IP addresses.
Note: Due to the restricted IP range, migration speeds are not optimal. Consider this when planning your migration timeline.
IP Address Ranges
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (aka 188.8.131.52/26) new
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 (aka 18.104.22.168/26)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 (aka 188.8.131.52/26)
- 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 (aka 18.104.22.168/25)
- 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
To Lock Down Your Migration Profile
Now that you have the range of IP addresses, you need to lock down your migration profile. If your migration is assisted, your migration specialist performs these actions. If you are performing the migration yourself, complete the following steps.
1. Log in to the Full Version of MigrationWiz.
2. If you have already created a migration, click Manage Connectors. If you are creating a new migration, click Create a Connector.
3. In the top-right corner of the window that opens, click Advanced Options.
4. Click the Performance tab.
5. Set the Preferred Data Center value to North America.
6. Click on the Support tab and type the following in the blank field: ProcessingRequirement=Local
7. Save all changes
All connections through your migration will now only come from the IP ranges listed in this article.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER