When migrating email to Rackspace Email & Apps, we utilize a tool called MigrationWiz. Depending on which email platform you choose to migrate to, the items that are migrated by MigrationWiz may differ. The following table shows which items are automatically migrated by the tool.
Items that are migrated
Items that are not migrated
Due to system limitations, the following items will not be automatically migrated in the migration process. In order to migrate this data, they will need to be manually created or brought over via an email client.
- Items that do not match folder types (i.e. calendar responses within a mail folder)
- Custom items that do not inherit from the core system types (Examples: items which are not true emails, calendars, contacts, journals, mail, notes, or tasks)
- Personal Distribution Lists
- Bounce notifications such as Non-Delivery Report/Receipt (NDR) or
- Delivery Status Notification (DSN)
- Calendar notifications such as invites, cancellations, etc.
- Public folders
- RSS feeds
- Mailbox settings, permission settings, sharing settings, client settings (ex: default font)
- Mailbox rules
- From Exchange 2003: BCC recipients (also resource attendees for appointments)
- Acceptance status for meeting participants (ex: accepted, declined, tentative)
MigrationWiz is a content migration solution and is unable to perform any of the following:
- Creation of Outlook profiles
- Migration of client side settings
- Provisioning of accounts
- Active Directory related object creations or synchronization
- NK2 files migration
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER