Installing OSCommerce on Cloud Sites
This article will show you how to install OSCommerce version 2.2 onto your site with The Rackspace Cloud. Please note that this article assumes you have already selected either PHP4 or PHP5 as your default technology, you have already setup a MySQL database in the control panel, you have uploaded the OSCommerce application files to your site.
Please see the following articles on how you change your default technology, add a MySQL database, and connect to FTP:
- How do I change my site's default technology?
- How do I add a MySQL database to my site?
- How do I add content to my website?
- Open your browser and enter your domain's URL and include the "catalog" directory in the path if you left it as is (
- The OSCommerce installation wizard will load and ask you to update any required permissions on the site's files. Once you have updated the permissions, click on the Retry button. If successful, a Continue button will then be available to proceed.
- You will now be asked to enter your database configuration information. Click Continue once finished. OSCommerce will then import the database for you. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify that the paths listed are correct for your site. Click Continue to proceed.
- You will now enter your store settings. Verify you have entered the correct information and click Continue to proceed.
The installation will now be complete and you will be presented with an option to go to the site's catalog or to the administration tool.
If you have any questions concerning this article, please feel free to contact support.
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER