Installing IIS 8.0 on Windows Server 2012 (R2)
Installing IIS (IIS 8.0) on Windows Server 2012 (R2)
This article walks you through setting up the IIS 8.x role on Windows Server 2012 (R2) through the use of the Server Manager. This article will not provide assistance on additional methods of installion.
Note: In order to successfully add the IIS 8.x role you will need to have administrative credentials on the destination server.
Installing IIS using the Server Manager
1. Open the Server Manager from the task bar.
2. From the Server Manager Dashboard select Add Roles and Features.
3. From the Installation Type section select 'Role-based or feature-based installation' and click Next.
Note: Roles are the major feature sets of the server, such as IIS, and features provide additional functionality for a given role.
4. The current server will be selected by default. Click Next to move to the Server Roles selection tab.
5. From the Server Roles tab select Select Web Server (IIS). A popup will ask to include Management Tools, Click Add Features and Next.
6. Next select any additional features desired for your IIS deployment and click Next.
Note: These Features can also be added after the installation. A brief description is show on the right hand pane of the Wizard. Select a feature to read its description. See official microsoft documentation to learn more about each feature.
7. Click Next and review the Role Services to be installed during the IIS installation. Once done select Select Next.
Note: These Services can also be added after the installation. Now is a good time to install FTP if you plan on using the service.
8. Review your installation and click Install.
9. A progress bar will show you the status of the installion. Once the installation is complete the Wizard will present a notification.
Congratulations on installing IIS 8.x on your Windows Server 2012 (R2).
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER