Installing FTP in IIS on Windows Server
This article will address how to install and set up FTP services in both IIS 6.0 (Windows Server 2003) and 7.0 (Server 2008) and walk through creating an FTP site
Internet Information Services
FTP services in Windows do require IIS to be installed on the host machine before FTP can be installed and configured. If you haven't already done so, please see the following articles:
Installing FTP Services on IIS 6.0
FTP service is not installed by default on either IIS 6.0 or 7.0. As such, we must install the service before we can configure it. To install, do the following:
- Click Start - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Add/Remove Windows Components
- Click Application Server - Details...
- Internet Information Services (IIS) - Details... - Check File Transfer Protocol (FTP) - OK - OK - Next
- If prompted for installation media, browse to C:\Factory\i386
- When the installation is complete, click Finish
Congratulations, you have successfully installed FTP on your Windows Cloud Server.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER