I scheduled my cron job, but I haven’t received any email confirmation. Did my task run correctly?
There are several reasons why you may not have recieved email confirmation that your cron job completed successfully. Here are a few things to check:
1. Please confirm that you entered in your email address correctly within the control panel. If so, please also check your "Junk Folder" to make sure that the email notification was not delivered there accidentally.
2. There is the chance that your scrip may not work correctly. Check to make sure that your script has no errors and has been tested and performs as expected.
3. For your script to be readable, the file permissions should be appropriately set. Make sure that you set file permissions to at least 644.
4. Is the path to the script correct? Note that the leading slash is not required and your top-level domain directory is automatically appended to the path.
5. You can navigate through FTP to your /logs directory. Here you can access your task log which will list any errors, or confirmation that the cron job did run.
If you have any other questions on scheduling a task, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER