How to use UpdraftPlus to Back Up Cloud Sites to Cloud Files
UpdraftPlus is a WordPress plugin that gives users the ability to automatically back up their sites to Cloud Files. UpdraftPlus saves the backup files as standard (non-proprietary) zip files and the database into an ordinary SQL (text) file. This method simplifies the recovery of files and makes the backup files available through standard tools. Simpler recovery means less site downtime or data loss in the event of a system issue or security incident.
Setting up the UpdraftPlus plugin
- Log in to your WordPress site.
- In the WordPress sidebar, click Plugins and select Add New.
- In the search box, type “UpdraftPlus backup” and select Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin.
- From the Plugin section, scroll down to UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore and select Settings.
- Scroll down to Copying Your Backup To Remote Storage and from the drop-down menu select Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Enter your Rackspace user name, API key, and the name of the container in which you want to place your backups. (For information about finding your API key, see View and reset your API key.)
- Select the blue button labeled Test Cloud Files Settings.
- Confirm the following message is displayed:
Settings test result: Success: We accessed the container, and were able to create files within it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
- Begin backing up your website to your Cloud Files by clicking the Backup Now button.
Restoring files from UpdraftPlus
- Click the Restore button and then click the blue Restore button to the right of the date you want to restore.
- In the resulting page, check the boxes next to the items you want to restore and click the Restore button at the bottom of the page.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER