Note: We've had reports of problems using Magento with Cloud Sites. We cannot provide support for Magento on Cloud Sites so we do not recommend using it at this time. This article is made available for archival purposes only.
This article will show you how to install Magento 1.0 onto your site with The Rackspace Cloud. Please note that this article assumes you have already selected PHP5 as your default technology, you have already setup a MySQL database in the control panel, you have uploaded the Magento application files to your site and that you used the non-downloader version of the Magento install.
Please see the following articles on how you change your default technology, add a MySQL database, and connect to FTP:
Setting up the Site
- Open your browser and enter your domain's URL (http://www.example.com). If you uploaded Magento into a subdirectory, please be sure to enter the complete path in your URL.
- The Magento installation wizard will now load. If you agree to the terms and conditions of the license, check the box and click Continue.
- On the Localization screen, select the appropriate location information and currency. Click Continue when finished.
- Depending on your installation method of Magento, you may be required to further configure you Magento installation. You can update the required permissions on the directories within FTP. Click on the Continue button to precede to the next step. Please contact support is you are unsure as to how to precede.
- You will now be required to enter your database information. Enter your database connection information and web access options*. Once you are done and click Continue, Magento will then proceed to create the require tables. Please wait until this process has completed.
- Once Magento completes the database installation, you will then be prompted to create your administrator account. Click Continue to proceed.
- If you did not enter your own encryption key, Magento will generate one for you. This will compete the web based install.
You have now completed the installation for Magento. You will be presented with the option to continue to the Front End or to the Back End of Magento.
If you selected "Use Web Server (Apache) Rewrites," you will need to edit the .htaccess file in the root of your Magento install. You will need to edit line 94 from "#RewriteBase /magento/" to "RewriteBase /." If you installed Magento into a subdirectory, you may need to include it after "RewriteBase /" such as "RewriteBase /shop."
Note: We've had reports of problems using Magento with Cloud Sites. We cannot provide support for Magento on Cloud Sites so we do not recommend using it at this time. If, however you do install Magento, here is an article with a few optimization tips.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER