How to Configure Additional IP Addresses in Windows 2008
When you purchase an additional IPv4 address for your Windows Cloud Server, follow these simple steps to configure it properly.
- From the Start Menu, open the Network Control Panel.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center. Under 'Network (public network)' click 'view status' for the connection.
- Click the 'Properties' button.
- Select 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' and click the Properties button.
- Click the 'Advanced' button.
- Click 'Add' under 'IP addresses' and add the additional IP address that you have purchased (the one in the image below is for example purposes only). Set the Subnet mask to '255.255.255.0'.
Under the Gateway section, click 'Add'. Add the gateway address; this will be the new IP address, only with the last octet set as '1'.
- Click 'Add' and 'OK' to save the configuration.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER