How do I renew my Domain name for Cloud Sites?
Note: This article is written for our Classic Cloud Control Panel. You can access this interface from the New Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right of the control panel and selecting "Classic Cloud Control Panel".
- Login to your Classic Cloud Control Panel at http://manage.rackspacecloud.com.
- Click on the Hosting button on the left navigation menu. Then select Cloud Sites.
- Click on the domain name you would like to renew.
- Click on the DNS tab and then click on the Renew button (please see the note below if the Renew button is not visible).
- Select the term (in years) you would like to renew for and click next.
- Click on the Finish button on the following screen to confirm the charges and complete the renewal.
It's important to note that the following may not work if you have changed your main account password or client's account password at any point since you created either account.
You can always try the steps above and if you find that the "renew" button is not visible when viewing the "Domain" tab for a Cloud Site domain you know you purchased with us (must show Click and Name as the Registrar when you perform a whois lookup), you may want to login to http://manage.opensrs.net with your original password and update the password in this control panel to reflect your current password to re-establish this functionality.
Clients do not have the ability to renew their domain names from the Control Panel if it has already expired. If their domain has already expired, they would need to contact Support.
If you require clarification on this process, please contact support via phone, chat or ticket.
© 2014 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER