How do I change my site's default technology?
NOTE: This article is written for our Classic Cloud Control Panel. You can access this interface from the New Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right of the control panel and selecting "Classic Cloud Control Panel".
You have the ability to change the default technology a site uses, either IIS with ASP.NET or apache web server with PHP.
- Login to your Classic Cloud Control panel at http://manage.rackspacecloud.com.
- Click on the Hosting button on the left navigation menu. Then select Cloud Sites.
- Click on the domain name you would like to change the technology on.
- Click on the Features tab and then click on the Customize button under the Technologies section.
- Select the technology you would like to switch to from the drop down menu and click on the Save Settings button.
Please note that when changing your site's default technology, this changes the IP for the site. If we are managing your DNS, the changes will update automatically, but can take up to two hours to take effect. If you are managing your own DNS, please update the IP for you site. You can get the new IP on the Domain tab.
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER