How do I change my Cloud Sites FTP password?
NOTE: This article refers to the Cloud Sites Control Panel. You can access this interface from the Cloud Control Panel by clicking your username in the upper-right corner of the control panel and selecting Cloud Sites Control Panel.
You can change your FTP password using various methods. Below are the two recommended methods.
Lost your password?
This method is the recommended method if you are locked out of your account and is the only way to reset your password if you have forgotten it:
- Navigate to the login page for the Cloud Sites Control Panel at https://manage.rackspacecloud.com. If you are already logged in, select Logout in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Lost your password? link under the Password text box.
- Enter your username in the Username text box.
An email with instructions for resetting your password will be sent to the email address associated with your username. Your new password will be required to log in to the Cloud Sites Control Panel and to upload content to your site via FTP.
Classic Cloud Control Panel
This method is the recommended method if you are simply updating your password as a regular security practice and have no trouble logging into the Classic Cloud Control Panel:
- Log into your Cloud Sites Control Panel via https://manage.rackspacecloud.com.
- Click on Your Account on the left navigation menu and then click on Username & Contacts.
- Under the Your Username & Password section, click Change Password.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER