Getting started with Google Analytics web analytics service
As you may have heard, Google is discontinuing Urchin, therefore the Urchin analytics service for Cloud Sites will be phased out. A popular alternative is the FREE Google Analytics™ web analytics service. Here is a step-by-step walkthrough on how to sign up for this service.
- First, go to the Google Analytics site to get started. Sign in using your existing Google account, or create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Click on the Sign Up button where it says 'Start using Google Analytics'.
- Enter the Account Name that you would like to use for your website. When entering your website URL you will have the option for monitoring an http site or a secure https site. Enter your local time zone, and choose your Data Sharing preferences. You can change these at a later time, if you wish.
- Accept the User Agreement and click Create Account.
- When your account is created, you will be provided with a code snippet allowing Google Analytics to track data from your site. Copy and paste the following tracking code (from Google's developer site) to the pages you wish to track.
- Give Google Analytics web analytics service approximately 12-24 hours to begin reporting traffic analytics data for your website.
Wordpress plugins for Google Analytics:
Google Analytics Modules:
Carry on the conversation in the Rackspace Community.
© 2015 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER