NOTE: This article is written for our First-Generation Cloud Control Panel. A version of this article is also available for our Next-Generation Cloud Control Panel.
- Administrative access to the Rackspace Cloud Control Panel
- Login to the Services Control Panel
- Navigate to Hosting->Cloud Servers
- Click on Add Server button
- Click on the Windows tab in order to see the options as shown below.
- Press on the "Select" button for the appropriate Windows Operating system from the list shown
- Alternately select an image from "User Backups". Refer creating servers from backups
- Provide a name of the server which serves as a label for the Cloud server (no special characters, please!)
- Select the memory and drive size configuration from available options such as
- 256 MB,10 GB
- 512 MB,20 GB
- 1024 MB,40 GB
- 2048 MB,80 GB
- 4096 MB,160 GB
- Click on Create Server button to start the build
- Watch the server build process in the Control Panel if interested. Upon completion an email is sent to the contact email address for the account with the Administrator password for the new Cloud Server.
- Log in to the Cloud Server using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) by referring to the appropriate article
© 2011-2013 Rackspace US, Inc.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
See license specifics and DISCLAIMER